Custom Mouthguards Offer the Best Teeth Protection
Most of the focus for healthy teeth is on good brushing and flossing habits at home and keeping up with regular cleanings and exams with your local dentist. Doing so reduces the risk of common dental concerns, such as cavities, plaque buildup, and periodontitis. However, teeth are exposed to other hazards, especially for those involved in athletics or who tend to grind their teeth. If you fall into either of these categories, a custom mouthguard from Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry of Kansas City is one of the best ways to protect your teeth.
Better Protection Designed Just for You
Participating in sports like lacrosse, football, field hockey, and ice hockey requires mouthguard protection due to fast play and potential contact. While you’ll find many one-size-fits-all options in sporting goods stores and online, they all have one problem in common: they’re designed to fit someone else’s mouth. Our custom mouthguards are specifically designed to fit the size, shape, and contour of your teeth for better protection and comfort. If grinding your teeth at night, also known as bruxism, is a problem, you’ll find that a custom option is smaller than a store-bought product which could allow you to sleep more soundly and comfortably throughout the night.
Benefits of Choosing a Custom-Fitted Mouthguard
Whether you grind your teeth at night or need mouth protection during athletic competition, a customized mouthguard offers many advantages over mass-produced options.
- Proper Fit – Mouths are unique, from the size of the teeth to the shape of the jawbone. It’s impossible to find a one-size-fits-all option to match yours perfectly.
- Better Protection – The main goal is protecting your teeth. However, wearing a generic mouth guard can cause serious injury if it’s too loose, the wrong size, or incorrect thickness.
- Reduce Dental Emergencies – Grinding teeth at night can lead to chipped and cracked teeth requiring dental work. A custom mouthguard that’s comfortable to wear will offer better protection.
- Keep Teeth Safe From Other Teeth – A custom mold ensures upper and lower teeth are properly shielded from contacting each other.
- Better Results – If your custom mouth guard is more comfortable, you’re more likely to wear it when you’re supposed to, unlike an uncomfortable or annoying device.